PALO ALTO, Calif., Dec. 18, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Created by UN Women, the United Nations entity for gender equality, the HeForShe movement provides a systematic approach and targeted platform on which men and boys can engage to become change agents towards the achievement of gender equality in this lifetime. Launched on September 20, 2014, in a moving speech by Emma Watson, HeForShe has since been the subject of more than 2 billion conversations on social media, with offline activities reaching every corner of the globe.
In the upcoming Jive Software, Inc. (Nasdaq: JIVE) and PwC panel event, titled "HeForShe 2016: Driving Change in Silicon Valley," (#HeForShe16SV) the Head of HeForShe—Elizabeth Nyamayaro—will join an engaging discussion with local technology, business and university executives on the HeForShe solidarity movement and the roles that each can play. As an extension to the thriving online PwC HeForShe community powered by Jive, attendees will learn in person about progress that has been made to date and what they can do, both on an individual and corporate level, to support gender equality in the Bay Area.
- Who – Fortune Senior Writer, Michal Lev-Ram, will moderate the discussion with panelists:
- Elizabeth Nyamayaro, senior advisor to under secretary-general of UN Women and head of HeForShe campaign
- Elisa Steele, chief executive officer at Jive Software
- Colby Conner, partner of finance and performance management consulting at PwC
- Marianne Cooper, Ph.D., sociologist at the Clayman Institute for Gender Research at Stanford University
- When – 5:30 p.m. PT, Thursday, January 7, 2016
- Where – Text100 Offices at 100 Montgomery Street, Suite 1625, in San Francisco
The expert panel will explore:
- The HeForShe initiative and progress made to date
- The role for technology and business in advancing progress
- Insights on the role for education and university systems in driving gender equality
- Visions for the future
"Our bold hope is to create gender equality in this lifetime, and to do that we need to take a totally new approach, innovating and working together for change. This change begins in communities around the world," said Elizabeth Nyamayaro. "We know that the tech community—and Silicon Valley in particular—is a hub of innovation, but remains a male-dominated space. By bringing the conversation on gender equality here, we are uniquely positioned to identify new solutions, rally supporters and move forward together."
To learn more about this important panel event, and to register, please visit: http://jive.to/1IYoGgs.
About Jive Software
Jive (Nasdaq: JIVE) is the leading provider of modern communication and collaboration solutions for business. Recognized as a leader by the industry's top analyst firms in multiple categories, Jive enables employees, partners and customers to work better together. More information can be found at www.jivesoftware.com.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20151217/297128LOGO
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130827/MM70466LOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/united-nations-academic-and-corporate-executives-to-participate-in-a-heforshe-silicon-valley-panel-hosted-by-jive-and-pwc-300195064.html
SOURCE Jive Software
Kim Anderson, Jive Software, 650/433-0576, Kim.Anderson@jivesoftware.com, Marcelo Vilela, Text 100 for Jive Software, 415/593-8419, Marcelo.Vilela@text100.com